Precious Faith,
How can I possibly find the words to explain all that you mean to me? How can I express how thankful I am to be your mother? The day you were born was so many things for me. And through all the emotion I was sure of one thing that first time I saw you: you were special. Not because you were sick, not because you were a fighter, not because you made me a better person - just because special is what you are. That extraordinary baby is now an extraordinary child. You continue to surprise, compel and inspire me as much today as you did the day you were born. Maybe this is why your birthday this year rocked me just as much as your day of birth four years ago. As I'm sure it will continue to do for all of your birthdays to come. Every day you beat the odds. Every day I am reminded of how lucky I am to have you. I didn't give much thought to motherhood when I was a child. I assumed that I would have children and that just seemed to be the natural progression of things. I never, ever expected that being a mother would feel this way. That my heart was capable of so much love, that I could find so much purpose in my life through the life of another person. All of my hopes and goals circle around my children, around you and the woman you will become. I feel satisfied and fulfilled at the end of my day when I've heard your crazy little laugh and seen the innocence and love in your eyes when you tell me you love me. It is such a wild emotion to watch you grow. To long for the days of your babyhood that have passed all too quickly and yet finding such pleasure in the little lady you have become. It's been so bittersweet to watch you start preschool. It's hard to lose even a moment with you, but I take such pride in watching you excel, in watching other people enjoy your sweet personality. I hope one day you can be as proud to call me your mother, as I am to call you my daughter. I will strive for that every day of your life. Happy four years my sweet girl.
Love,
Mommy

Love,
Mommy

Awww, so sweet. If it wasn't such a sweet post, I'd get mad at you for making me cry. =)
ReplyDeleteI love you too Faith and I also loved your sweet, goofy laugh as a baby! I didn't know if you were laughing, or in pain... It was very sweet and funny.