Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sweet Reminder

So Faith, my daughter, turned 3 years old in October. I've had an admittedly hard time with her 'growing up' and often find myself teary-eyed when I see her first thing in the morning and realize just how big she is. It really does feel like she grew up over night. You get all the warnings is the world that it goes fast, but you just don't realize how fast until it's done. Well a few days ago she was sitting on my lap and we were talking, mostly about our fabulously hot-pink nails. (The things you'll do for your kids...) Well, I got that little tug at my heart where I realize how fast time is going and I was telling her about all thing things she'd do someday...go to school, play sports, drive a car, have a boyfriend, go to college and so on.(Hmmm, maybe boyfriend should have been listed after college...anyways) I told her how happy but sad I was that all these things were to come and she just gave me the funniest look. She rubbed my hair against my face and said
"But mommy, I'm just a little girl."
And she's right. Kids have this supernatural ability to keep things simple and live in the moment. I covet that ability and so appreciate having her to remind me that we still have today!

2 comments: