
Today is the anniversary of a very special day. A day many mothers don't think twice about, but preemie mothers remember forever. Today is the day that Ethan came home from the NICU. It's one of those dates that stays with you like a birthday. It was the day we knew everything would be ok, the day that united us as a family of four. After so much uncertainty, it's a day worth celebrating. I remember how ridiculously happy I felt walking out of that hospital with my little 5 pound baby boy in my arms. I remember the insane amount of pride I felt and the drop of terror in the back of my mind. 34 days in the NICU and suddenly it was all over. He was our responsibility, our baby. I cried when he met his sister for the first time. It is by far one of the happiest moments in my life - to see the two halves of my heart finally come together. It's hard to believe it has been a year. It's hard to believe we were so lucky twice. We definitely know what it means to be blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment