Sunday, February 22, 2009

The saga continues...

So about 3 weeks ago I wrote about Twilight and my initial opinion (and awe) of the story that Stephenie Meyer had created. Well, I'm here to say that I've passed straight through enjoyment to obsession. I finished the third and fourth book and could only think one thing. More. Now this is not a reflection of Mrs. Meyer's ability to tell a story. Book four leaves readers in peace with Bella and Edward. But, as obsessions go, I just couldn't break away. So I read it again. All of them. And fell in love with the story and the characters even more. I think my only regret with these books is that the author will never be able to trump herself. How sad for her. (And how amazing for me if she proves me wrong!) I spent my weekend rounding out my fill of Twilight by seeing the movie twice. I won't pretend that it even compares to the book, but I enjoyed the corny lines and sappy love stares just the same. (Remember, obsession). And then, like I needed another reason to cling to the story, I hear of Meyer's unfinished project Midnight Sun. It is the original story Twilight, but told from Edward's point of view. As someone else said, life truly isn't complete without it. 12 chapters can be found on the author's website here : http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partial_draft4.pdf

She'd be a fool to not finish and publish the whole thing. So, while I'm not sporting an 'I love Edward' t-shirt and I'm not a member of any 'fangirl' sites...I'd still say my love of the series is pretty all-consuming. My husband is jealous. I wonder how upset he'll be when he sees me start the series over again tonight...

2 comments:

  1. We may be pathetic, but at least we're happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get the other book Stephanie wrote. It's called The Host. I just started it, and it's ok so far.

    ReplyDelete