Friday, March 6, 2009

Favorite things

I always think about moving away from Oregon. But for reasons I don't always have a grasp on, I know I love it here and don't want to leave, at least not with any permanence. I've noticed over the past week or so that all of our little shrubs and flowers are starting to come to life. I don't see any color yet, but it's coming! Last night when I stepped out side, it had been raining a little and the rain seemed to swirl up the scents from all the greenery and impending flowers. It smelled beautiful. Fresh and floral and...Oregonish. That early spring/fresh rain smell is definitely one of my favorite things! And it's a silly little thing that makes Oregon special enough to stay.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it!!! Oregon is the most wonderful place in the whole world!

    ReplyDelete