Monday, June 14, 2010
The Plan So Far
I think there's something to be said for doing what you love. I've never been the kind of person to take a job just for the pay and I'm so glad I've stayed true to myself in that respect. Nursing has always been my career goal, but as life often does - it's had its own plans thus far. Finally this year, I've been given an opportunity to attend nursing school that doesn't interrupt my family obligations (first priority). To say it's challenging would be an understatement, but it's also so fulfilling. To compliment my education, I've taken a part-time job back in patient care. I haven't worked directly with patients since before Ethan was born and I have to say, it feels amazing. In that first day at work, everything I've always believed to be true was confirmed. This is what I was meant to do. This is what I love. And because I love it, my patients feel the difference too. The next 8 months will be some of the longest, as I balance school, work and caring for my children and grandma (and husband too!) but I'm so excited for the reward - for the next chapter. At the end of my Nursing and Pharmacology tests, my teacher puts one question - Do nurses rock? Yes, yes they do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment