Thursday, July 14, 2011

Update!

Oh poor blog, how I've forsaken you...and even with so much to share!

Bodhi is now 3 beautiful months old and we've fallen pretty comfortably into a family of 5 (6 if you count grandma). I hate that I constantly mention the time when I blog about my children, but really, WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?? My background on my laptop is a picture of Bodhi when he was about a week old. That baby is so long gone - it's unbelievable. This parenting experience has been so much different than my first two. Maybe it's becaue I'm a might bit older and thus wiser, maybe it's because I know how quickly this stage is lost, or maybe it's just because Bodhi is a different baby, but I'm truly enjoying it. Bodhi wants to play the staring game at 3 in the morning? Ok kid - you got it. You need to be rocked to sleep? My arms are yours. I'm such a sucker. It's true I'm probably creating a monster...but have you seen how CUTE he is? Much to my dismay, he's still not sleeping through the night, but those morning snuggles in my bed seem to feel worth the sleep deprivation. I started back to work about 2 weeks ago. It's been heartbreaking for me as I've never had to leave any of the kids. Bodhi is making his thoughts on my absence known by initiating sleep strikes while I'm gone and waking in the middle of the night to claim his lost quality time. Otherwise, Bodhi is a very good baby. It might be my memories of the nightmare that was Ethan's infancy but in any case, Bodhi is definitely easier than his big brother was. He's an easy smiler, cracking a grin at the sound of my voice, even before his eyes have spotted me. He snorts when he laughs and he snorts when he cries, and speaking of crying - his pouty face is to die for. Definitely on my list of things to get a picture of! He's got crazy little legs that he can kick kick kick for what seems like hours and the face he makes when he does it reminds me so much of his sister when she was a baby. Speaking of his sister, (who completely adores him), she called him "Bodhi Boat Boats" one day as she was baby talking to him and the name has definitely stuck. Other wise he goes by "Monkey Joe" (Who's Joe??) or more common things like Mister or Monster. Surprisingly, Bodhi is shaping up to be our smallest baby. Funny how that works, eh? Of course, Faith was a tiny little thing until about 2...so I won't make any bets yet! In other news, Faith starts Kindergarten in a few short months - my blubbering post about that coming soon. And Ethan, my dear little Ethan will be starting preschool - wish us luck!

Pictures from the last few months:

Faith lost her first tooth!




I guess he misunderstood when I asked if he wanted to "try" his bouncer...


He thinks I'm really funny =)

No comments:

Post a Comment