Insert pathetic comment about my lack of blogging here.
Ok so anyways, Bodhi had his first birthday! A freaking year! So in honor of this, I of course, need a whole blog entry about how completely rad this kid is. He is RAD! You'd have to be pretty awesome to have a nickname like Boatsers (thanks Ethan). Right now my totally cool baby is howling, laughing at himself, and then waiting for me to howl back at him. We're a regular pack of wolves around here. He absolutely loves his brother and sister too. Loves making them cry that is. He chases Ethan around the house, attacking his toys and knocking things over, he goes straight for Faith's hair - I swear because he knows it gets a big reaction. What a gem, right? It really is funny, from my viewpoint! He loves to snuggle, as much as any 1 year old can, and does this really cute thing where he'll grab your head/leg/butt/shoulder and put his head on it to give a little love. There are some awesome mouth open-tongue out kisses too! He loves to shake his head no and wave hi - especially to strangers in public. And he WILL say hi until he gets a "hi" back from you! Have you seen his chosen form of mobility? Not quite a walk and not quite a crawl - we call him Quasiboto (yeah, the kid has a lot of nicknames). He's a great sleeper and a great eater, except for those times he doesn't feel like sleeping or eating...and forget about trying to change his diaper. He loves my off-tune rendition of Twinkle Twinkle and will stop most any fit to listen. I wouldn't admit it to Matt, but Bodhi's a total daddy's boy. My 1 year old also has male pattern baldness. Hair simply seems incapable of growing on the top of his head. He did have a really umm, interesting patch of hair on the back of head head though, I've had to shave it twice! Some of my favorite things about him are harder to explain, like the curtesy chuckle he gives me when I'm trying to be funny and he's not really amused, and the way he clings to me but leans toward his crib when it's bed time, because he seems equally tworn between me and sleep, and the way he'll lay his head on my shoulder while I hold him, just because. He's a fantastic baby. A little demanding, with a few hints of monster but I guess that's just the way I like him! There's an extra ounce of appreciation as we go through the stages, knowing we'll never have these stages again. The Boatster is definitely taking us out of the baby stage on a high note! Can't wait to see what the toddler years have in store. (I think I'll regret saying that).
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment