Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Love, Planets and Disney Characters


So everyone knows the game - especially if you have little kids. The 'how much do I love you' game. In the simple world of a child, where love can be measured by outstretched hands, this game is tops. Faith likes to start by telling me she loves me a little, like say the space of her thumb to her pointer finger. But then she shakes her head and says "noooo, I love you THIS much!" and stretches her skinny little arms out as far as they will go. I then return the love with my own outstretched arms. As Faith's understanding of space and distance has grown, so has our love. Sometimes we love each other to the tree way out in the park. Some days I love her to the moon. Well anyways, the other day we were playing a particularly grueling game of 'how much do I love you'. Faith had loved me to the moon, so I loved her to the sun. I was trying to think of somewhere further out, so I told her that I loved her to the planet (or not planet...depending on who you ask) pluto. She thought about it for a second and said, "Well mommy, I love you to Minnie Mouse!" After a brief moment where I died laughing, I told her that Minnie was definitely tops. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment