Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Secret Weapons of Children
Ethan is currently hiding behind our living room chair yelling "Allie, come get me!" After a pause, the dog comes running which sends Ethan into a giggle fit. He rolls into a ball and lets her lick his ears and the back of his head, while he laughs hysterically. No sound in the world could be more glorious than the pure, unadulterated laugh of a child. In that giggle I hear all of the care-free serenity every child should have. In that moment, I completely forget about the for-no-reason cry fits, the constant shouting of "no" and the wall "art". It's funny how they get you. Perfectly made with irresistible smiles and the sweetest voices. Faith's favorite thing to do is yell for me constantly. By the 10th time, as my nerves begin to fray, she'll tilt her head slightly, bat her eyes and with the sweetest smile say "I love you, Mommy" like that's all she ever meant to say. Ah, they've got me good, they've got me real good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment