Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

I woke up this morning - perhaps in sub conscious holiday spirit - feeling very grateful. I absolutely love this time of year, where everyone seems to care just a little bit more about the happiness and well being of those around them. I'm looking forward to taking my daughter to the giving tree this year, as she understands its importance and "specialness" a little more each time. I'm looking forward to making more great memories with my family over the holidays and I'm looking forward to the futures laid out for all of us. My lot in life has been two parts hard work and one part luck. I've always been grateful, but sometimes it's just nice to say so. I have the most amazing parents who have given me the best of their qualities and encouraged me to learn from their mistakes. I have a wonderful husband who gives me all of the little things you'd never think to ask for in a marriage, and tells me every day that he loves me. And most importantly, we have two of the most special children any mother could ever wish to have - plus an unexpected blessing on the way. We have a home we can call our own and security in our love, our finances, and our strength as a family unit. It's all truly a blessing. So, while you're grubbing down on some Turkey Day traditions - don't forget to say what YOU are thankful for. It's so easy to get lost in the day to day struggles - to feel like we've lost more than we've won - but just waking up each morning is a very special gift, and another opportunity to better something. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment