Monday, November 29, 2010
The Tree
In our quest for a Christmas tree this year, we did what can only be considered the "right" thing - we put on our hats and gloves, and we tromped through the mud of a local farm in the quest for the perfect tree. With said tree spotted, we hauled it home. I had this glorious picture of our tree sitting on display in our bay windows in the front room. But, as men often do, my husband got over zealous with the height of our tree and it was nearly 2 feet too tall to be put in my "perfect" spot. Minor snag aside, we drug the tree into our living room for it's new height appropriate home. Now I'll admit to not being a huge fan of decorating the tree, but there isn't any amount of bah-humbugging that can deter small children. Daddy, Faith and Ethan set out to "beautify" our tree which I admit was fun to watch from behind my camera. Faith squealed with delight when she'd find an ornament with her name on it - some made especially for her and others that were just coincidence. Ethan loved hanging the shiny silver ones at what he considered the perfect height - the lowest ring of branches on the tree. I'm pretty sure our tree leans a little to the left and the kids keep stealing the candy canes off and eating them - but it looks pretty perfect just the same =)





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute!!! How fun!
ReplyDelete