So I talk often about my inescapable case of mommy brain. It seems that 3 years as a stay at home mom (not to mention 2 years as a nanny before that!) can have an incredible ability to eat away at your brain. Well, mommy brain got me again tonight! We had plans to go out to Hillsboro to have dinner with some friends. Faith was spending the night with my parents so it was just me, Matt and Ethan. As I was putting Ethan into his car seat, I noticed that it hadn't been buckled into the car since the last time we took it out. (Shows how often I go anywhere!) So anyways, I put Ethan in his seat and worked around him to buckle his seat to the car. With that all settled we were on our way. About 3 miles down the highway, Matt comments about how Ethan is particularly happy in his seat. We can hear him babbling to himself and doing something that sounds like clicking on the window. Suddenly Matt must have realized that there was something wrong with that scenario so he looked back to see what the kiddo was doing. And what was he doing? Little Mr. Ethan was standing on his car seat and happily looking out the window at passing cars. That's right. Genius mommy over here buckled in the seat, but not the baby! Without having time to really be mortified at the huge implications of my mistake, I hopped in the back and got my giggly boy strapped safely into his seat. Now I realize I should be too ashamed to even share this with the general public...but hey shame was never my thing. Besides, it could have been worse, right? I could have forgotten him at home or something!
No really, people do that!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love imagining the look on his face! The look of freedom, excitement, and satisfaction!!!
ReplyDelete