
Be careful what you wish for - isn't that what they say? I wished. I wished, hoped and prayed. I didn't want a needy baby, I wanted a mama's boy. Why didn't anyone tell me they might be one in the same?! They say that attachment parenting lends itself to well adjusted and independent children. Ethan missed the memo. He hasn't been an exceptionally difficult baby, but I fear he's making up for lost time. I was talking to another mom about how many words our babies spoke. I told her that Ethan used to speak a few but hasn't used any in quite a while. She said maybe he's learning a new skill. I agreed that he is. Crying. He's going to go pro in it! But really, all joking aside my sweet boy is one unhappy little munchkin. I can't quite remember when this because a 'situation' and not just 'wow, Ethan cried a lot today'. My tattered nerves are certain it's been months but I think several weeks is more realistic. At first I just waited for the teeth to come. I mean surely he was teething, right? Then it had to be a cold...he'll wake up sick tomorrow - I know it! The truth is, Ethan just wants me. All of me, every moment of the day. Not just my attention, but my affection. And it doesn't count unless I'm holding him. He'd suck his thumb and lay in my lap all day if I let him. It seems you have the answer to every situation until that situation becomes your own. To anyone else I'd say just let him cry. He's playing you like a song and it won't stop until you do. But I look into my child's big blue eyes and I'm certain he needs me. And for now anyways, I feel inclined to oblige him. Oh how easy things were back when I knew it all ; )
Those big, blue eyes are very hard to resist! I hope they ease up on you soon though!
ReplyDelete